Our client is a global investor with a portfolio spanning multiple sectors.
The firm deploys capital in to high-growth opportunities and takes an active approach to portfolio management.
The fund invests globally but with a particular interest in emerging markets or economies undergoing significant change. The 5-10y goal of the firm is to develop sustainable operating businesses which will supplement the current multi-billion dollar portfolio.
This position focuses on Financial Services opportunities in Asia.
The VP – Financial Services will take responsibility for value creation with key portfolio companies; in particular a fast-growing consumer financial services’ business which is preparing to IPO.
The role is central to supporting the management teams on strategy & operational initiatives, investor relations and M&A.
- Working on key value creation projects, including board insight and reporting, business blueprints, structures and systems, risk management, data analytics and M&A
- Drive performance of operating companies. Working with the management to drive insight into performance and focus areas for the business
Other responsibilities include:
- Partnering with the deal team in analysing potential opportunities and defining the strategic plan for new investments
- Working with the Board and management team to ensure delivery of the business plan, and on an ongoing basis, operational improvement, restructuring or re-engineering the business
- Supporting development of the best possible management and organisation/team for each operating company
- Ensuring a strong, on-going operational focus, regularly reviewing financial and operational performance of the operating companies
- A degree from a leading university
- Proven track record within and advising to the Financial Services sector, ideally in strategy, operations and investment.
- Experience working within Portfolio companies or high-growth Financial Services businesses
- Have a strong understanding of performance levers in the FIG space
- Strong knowledge of finance and analytical principles
- Native or fluent in English
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills – builds trust and drives change in a collaborative manner.