Our client is a major private conglomerate in the Middle East.
The group is invested in multiple sectors, including Technology, Logistics, Aviation, Energy, Manufacturing, Real Estate, Retail and Private Equity.
This position sits within the Corporate Venture arm, seeking investments across areas such as Fintech; AI, IoT and Big Data; Software; Health and Logistics.
- Undertake initial screening of investment opportunities against Ventures’ team criteria
- Build financial models for evaluating investment opportunities and provide inputs for strategic recommendations where appropriate
- Assist investment managers/department head with commercial and financial due diligence on companies, perform market research and financial analysis, including review of historical and projected financial information
- Contribute to the drafting of investment papers for submission to the IC
- Support all aspects of investment management of portfolio companies including monitoring operational performance, analyzing monthly financial statements, quarterly valuations
- Prepare monthly/quarterly update reports for submission to the Executive Committee
- Support the development of a pipeline of new investment / business opportunities by conducting targeted research
- Providing recommendations of new opportunities consistent with the investment strategy
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with a range of external advisory firms, investment banks and other key stakeholders
- Conduct detailed research across various sectors at request of senior management
- Prepare reports, research papers, strategic analysis and presentations of a sufficiently high standard for senior management
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or Business from a top-tier university.
- Minimum 2 years’ post-degree experience in any of: Investment Banking, Corporate Finance/M&A, Management Consulting, Principal Investments, Private Equity & Venture Capital.
- Advantageous: CFA (at least passed Level I) or MBA from a leading business school.
- Advantageous: some time spent working in the Technology sector.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate sensitively to a wide and diverse range of individuals and organisations
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills in English: Arabic is considered added value
- Energetic and proactive; able to work with minimal supervision
- Alert, attentive to detail and capable of managing multiple projects
- Ability to work with individuals from different backgrounds and nationalities
- Strong alignment with company values: Integrity and honesty, flexibility and positive attitude