A Dubai-based conglomerate with a family office, deploying capital across across asset multiple classes (direct and indirect investments); in Middle East, Asia and selectively within other regions.
Objective: Evaluate and analyze family office investments and provide sound and comprehensive recommendations to maximize shareholder value.
Reports to: Chief Strategy Officer / Chief Investment Officer
- Managing portfolio of global investments
- Conduct global macro-economic research to identify economic trends and macro investment opportunities, assisting in producing strategy notes on macroeconomics, financial markets, equity, fixed incomes etc. Conduct comprehensive research on prospective investment ideas and prepare presentations, pitch books and investment notes.
- Work closely with the CIO in ensuring achievement of financial objectives and key strategic goals of the Family office
- Responsible for researching new product ideas across global markets. Studying macro-economic environment and analyze market trends
- Monitoring diversified investment Portfolio (including Private Equity, Real Estate and Global Equities) and prepare performance reports.
- Preparing presentations on global equities, fixed income, currencies, commodities, credit default swaps etc.
- Preliminary diligence of potential investment in startups and venture funds.
- Analyzing & formulating financial reports based on the information available in private and public domain.
- Writing investment research reports, communicating investment ideas and responding to requests for analytical precedents and recommendations.
- Coordinating with banks or advisors and reviewing portfolios, meeting with fund managers and discuss regarding various investment proposals.
- Analyzing company balance sheets, P&L and Cash flow statements to check financial health of the company.
- Development and Implementation of monthly/quarterly/annual performance reports for the family office.
- Responsible for calculating and updating monthly portfolio performance statistics, also responsible for portfolios periodic performance attribution and risk analysis, portfolio review on a monthly basis.
- Attending investor conferences and conference calls with the goal of generating investment ideas.
- Education: Master’s degree or MBA with Finance concentration
- Preferable CFA Charterholder
- 3-6 years of relevant experience in a role such as Investment Banking, Asset Management or Private Equity
- Excellent knowledge of financial analysis & modelling, including DCF valuations
- Knowledge of equity, fixed income and alternate investments
- Analytical and financial modelling skills.
- Ability to synthesize and simplify complex data.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to build and manage relationships internally and externally
- Tenacity and a positive attitude.
- Experience working with teams at international level.
- Experience producing Investment reports & memos