A Principal Investor with a portfolio spanning multiple sectors. The firm deploys capital in to high-growth opportunities in growth markets, taking an active approach and long-term outlook.
THE ROLE: Principal, Value Creation (Financial Services portfolio)
As part of the Investment team, you will assume responsibility for Operational projects within portfolio companies, as well as supporting the team in indentifying suitable new investments that fit the fund established framework.
Board & Management engagement
- Overseeing engagement with management teams for all critical projects; building meaningful relationships that ensure the quick identification and resolution of problem areas;
- Structuring and monitoring operational improvement initiatives
- Developing clear best-practice guidance on areas including finance, procurement, talent development etc.
- Implementation of data warehousing, CRM and reporting tools
- Building analytics & insights functions
- Creating best-practice operating procedures
- Developing company benefits schemes, customer service frameworks etc.
- Play an ongoing role in annual and long-term growth strategy plans.
- Supporting the deal team in investment appraisals.
- A degree from a leading university (preferred: Masters’ or MBA level education)
- 10 years+ relevant experience, with notable strategy & operations experience in Financial Services.
- Experience working within Portfolio companies or high-growth Financial Services businesses
- Have a strong understanding of performance levers in the FIG space
- Strong knowledge of finance and analytical principles
- Native or fluent in English
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to manage and influence senior stakeholders, build trust and drive change in a collaborative manner.