About the company
Our client is a major independent oil and gas company in the Middle East. Established for close to 50 years.
Today the group is involved in projects across multiple sectors, extending to activity in non-O&G areas such as Ports & Logistics, Aviation, Manufacturing, Real Estate, Retail and Private Equity.
Involvement in finance raising activities for upstream oil and gas projects and corporate/asset acquisitions. Involvement in analysing and assessing company-related investments. Research, analysis and financial modelling. Maintaining relationships with the local and international financial community.
Finance, fundraising and investment activities
- Full and close engagement in all finance raising activities
- Liaises closely with other parts of the Company (e.g. legal, upstream) in such matters
- Liaises with external parties (such as banks and lawyers) on relevant matters representing the firm in a professional capacity.
Research, analysis/recommendation and report writing
- Conduct high quality research into markets and companies.
- Prepare reports, research papers, strategic analysis and presentations of a sufficiently high standard to assist in decision making by senior management and external parties.
- Provides recommendations in relation to the identification of new business opportunities consistent with the growth plans of the company.
- Build and maintains financial models (in excel and other appropriate software packages) to assist on-going projects and provides input to strategic recommendations and solutions where appropriate.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the company’s financial strategies and ensures compliance with regulations and the overall Group Financial policy.
- Maintains excellent and supportive relationships with all staff and attends Company events.
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with a range of external advisory firms and promotes oneself professionally in the UAE.
Industry networking & Continuous Improvement
- Conducts regular research and studies to enhance industry knowledge by attending work related conferences particularly within the Energy Sector as well as attending relevant seminars on Finance, Legal, Industry and work related subjects.
Competitive salary + bonus + benefits.
Exceptional relocation / family benefits are offered, including:
- relocation allowance (cash) + relocation support
- 1 month paid accommodation
- Full visa sponsorship for families
- comprehensive family health insurance (BUPA Global coverage)
- annual return flights
- educational allowance for up to 3 children
Comprehensive details will be provided to shortlisted applicants.
- Minimum of 8-12 years of total work experience, including at least 6 years in Investment Banking, Consulting or Private Equity, with at least several years of experience in the Oil & Gas sector.
- Bachelor’s degree with honours (2:1 minimum) in a quantitative subject such as Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or Physics from a top tier university.
- Professional training in accounting, valuation and modelling (as part of investment bank training scheme or equivalent).
- MBA from leading Business School, or CFA or postgraduate qualification from top-tier University.