An established investment company based in the UAE is seeking to hire a VP/Principal level investor for their India coverage team, which invests primarily in private equity deals across sectors.
The fund pursues direct and co-investment opportunities, this role forming a key part of a new initiative to invest in India.The position is responsible for the complete A-Z of the investment process and as one of the early hires for the team, offers excellent career progression opportunities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establish deal pipeline & investor network across sectors in the India market, including maintaining a regular on-the-ground presence, attending events and conferences.
- Managing Analysts & Associates
- Building detailed financial models and conducting other analysis to support valuation process.
- Oversee the full deal cycle including valuations, due diligence, negotiation, and deal structuring.
- Collaborating with other teams including Finance, Tax, Legal, etc.
- Leading activities related to deal execution including various diligence activities and coordinating efforts with management teams, co-investors and industry experts.
- Overseeing investment case /memos and other internal documentation for IC meetings.
- Reporting on portfolio companies’ financial results and supporting value creation initiatives such as strategy and execution, annual budgeting and performance monitoring.
- Minimum of 8 years’ (10+ is strongly preferred) of professional experience (excluding MBA) in progressively senior roles within Investment Banking, Consulting and Direct investing.
- At least 5 years in Direct Investments (Equity preferred).
- Excellent financial modelling and other quantitative skills (e.g. DCF, LBO…).
- Strong business acumen with experience in critically evaluating businesses and investment opportunities.
- Ability to conduct market / business research, synthesize complex data and clearly communicate insights.
- Sector experience: FIG/Financial Services experience is attractive.
- Regional experience: India deal experience is essential.
- Top tier education; minimum Bachelor’s degree level.