Our client is a major private conglomerate in the Middle East.
The group is invested in multiple sectors, including Technology, Logistics, Aviation, Energy, Manufacturing, Real Estate, Retail and Private Equity.
This position sits within the Corporate Venture arm, seeking investments across areas such as Fintech; AI, IoT and Big Data; Software; Health and Logistics.
- Participate in business development efforts, identifying potential investment targets
- Attend local and international conferences and networking events to build a professional network and actively create visibility for the Company within the investment community – with specific focus on technology and entrepreneurship
- Identify investment targets and participate in setting the strategic value creation plan
- Build strong relationships with business leaders to facilitate the investment process
- Manage relationships with third party advisors on due diligence including tech, commercial, financial, tax and legal
- Evaluate opportunities using a range of strategic, financial and operational tools
- Conduct financial data analysis to assist in critical financial decisions
- Prepare investment papers and presentations for submission to the IC and ExCo
- Deal structuring including defining and negotiating transaction terms
- Support the Director and senior management on analysis of major investments – engage with assigned team to ensure project goals are achieved in a timely and effective manner
- Perform all transaction work related to divestitures including preparing investment decks, data room, negotiating deal terms, legal aspects, etc.
- Provide strategic support to portfolio companies
- Ensure the Company’s best interests are served through the active participation in committees of these ventures
- Monitor investments and maintain strong relationships with GPs/Funds and prepare regular reports to submit to the Executive Committee
Management & Coaching
- Mentor and work closely with junior level team members
- On-boarding new team members
- A bachelor’s degree from a top tier university, with a CFA or an MBA from a globally-recognised business school
- VP / Principal level Investment Banking / Venture Capital professional.
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years’ experience in Investment Banking, Corporate Finance/M&A, Venture Capital, Principal Investments or another equity-related investment activity
- At least 2 years’ in a management role
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to relate sensitively to a wide and diverse range of individuals and organisations
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills in English: Arabic is considered added value
- Alert, attentive to detail and capable of managing multiple projects
- Ability to work with individuals from different backgrounds and nationalities
- Strong alignment with company values: Integrity and honesty, flexibility and positive attitude