The Investment Associate will be responsible for supporting senior investment professionals in identifying opportunities to invest in major listed companies.
The core focus is on undervalued businesses – with a view to taking significant positions under a long-term view.
- Leading thematic research across multiple geographies and sectors; with deep-dive analysis on ‘watchlist’ companies
- Market and industry research, reviewing expert analysis, Economic and political drivers – identifying how regulation & policy affects listed companies
- Preparation of research reports
- Monitoring portfolio companies’ performance (including financial, news & events, competitor analysis)
- Quarterly portfolio valuation analysis
- Ideally between 4-8 years of experience; with at least 2 years in a buy-side environment focus on Listed Equities
- The ideal candidate will have had training in Equity Research, Investment Banking or Investment/Asset Management, followed by experience in a Long-only or Equity L/S fund
- Excellent analytical and financial modeling skills; you will be confident in building comprehensive models from scratch
- Proactive and diligent in research
- Produces concise and thoughtful reports
- A top performer throughout your career; you will also have a track record of elite performance outside the workplace (leadership & extra-curricular activities)
- A strong interest in investing, particularly fundamental / value investing (these views will be discussed at length)
- Qualifications such as CFA or CA are beneficial