An equity investment firm with offices in Middle East and Asia; investing in multiple sectors, chiefly Financial Services. Our portfolio companies employ over 5,000 people, with an exponential impact beyond this in rapidly growing economies. The investment team has a track record of outperformance against many of the world’s leading funds over the past 30 years.
The role: Investment Associate – Financial Institutions
Covering Capital Markets and and Private Equity, you will be responsible for research, idea generation and financial analysis of companies at multiple stages from established global insitutions down to regional disruptors.
- Idea generation across public and private markets
- Fundamental analysis and company valuation
- On-the-ground research engaging company management and analysts
- Produce investment recommendations and reports
- Macro analysis of countries and sectors
- Reporting on portfolio company earnings and corporate actions
- Building relationships with investee company management teams
- 2-6 years’ experience in an Equity Research role in Investment Banking
- Financial Services sector focus is a must-have
- Strong technical skills – comfortable with valuations and financial modelling
- ‘Nice to have’ – ACA or CFA qualification, Consulting or Banking internships
- For ‘Associate’ level, a minimum of 4 years’ experience with at least 1 year in a buy-side role is preferred
- Passionate about global business and financial markets
- Attention to detail, ability to think on your feet and the agility to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, confidence and professionalism with senior management teams and Board-level Executives
- Driven, with a positive and proactive attitude
- Hungry to learn – in this role you will have exposure above and beyond Associate positions in leading Hedge Funds and PE firms.
- Achievements and extra-curricular activity that demonstrates ability to perform at a top level