A private investment office in UAE is looking for an Equity Research Associate or buy-side Equity Analyst to join their Public markets team.
The role will focus on investments in growth sectors, primarily in the US and other developed markets. This will be a key position, reporting to the CIO.
The team is particularly keen to hire talent from top-tier firms, with some international experience; however candidates focused on MENA opportunities will be considered, provided they show a passion for investing and knowledge of various markets (e.g. through personal portfolio).
Covering public equities (multi-strategy global mandate) and cryptocurrencies.
- Analysing opportunities in direct listed public equities, derivatives, and hedge funds.
- Covering long / short strategies across the US, EU, and select Emerging markets.
- Develop valuation and risk models
- Conduct performance analysis model for a variety of assets and portfolios.
- Monitor news flow, business trends, and performance on existing and potential investment positions.
- Build screening models and assess value, quality, growth and sustainability attributes of target companies.
- Participate in the investment team’s decision-making.
- Liaising with internal and external advisors to discuss investment ideas
- Executing trades and dealing with brokers
- 4-6 years experience at a leading Bank (in Equity Research) or Hedge Fund
- Investment experience/exposure to trade executions is preferred
- Exposure to and interest in direct public equities and cryptocurrencies.
- Exposure to Fund investments is a plus
- Excellent technical analysis capability and proven ability to compile well-written research.
- Degree from a top-tier university. CFA / CAIA / CA is a plus