A Global fund investing across asset classes is looking to hire in the Investment Strategy area – at Associate and/or VP level. The team is responsible for supporting Strategic and Tactical Asset Allocation covering Equities, Credit, Real Estate and Fixed Income (including Funds). This pivotal team is modelled on the structure of industry-leading funds such as Blackstone and KKR.
Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate on Investment Committee updates regarding asset allocation, portfolio construction, and underlying portfolio attributes.
- Respond to requests for analysis on private market investments, aiding in proposals for clients and internal investment strategies.
- Update/enhance portfolio workbooks and models for diverse metrics and analysis.
- Associate: 5 years+ experience in private markets, alternative investments and/or investment background.
- Advanced financial modelling / Excel skills
- Excellent understanding of valuation techniques and valuation multiples.
- Excellent Powerpoint and presentation skills – can swiftly synthesize data and create succinct presentations and proposals for internal & external stakeholders.
- Understanding of basic quantitative concepts, i.e. performance calculations, risk analysis, portfolio optimization and/or statistical analysis is great, but not needed
- Experience with statistical programming languages / data visualization tools etc is helpful, but not needed
- VP: As above, with between 9-12 years’ experience in progressively senior roles.
- Experience in Portfolio Construction, Strategic and Tactical Asset Allocation.
- Exposure within or from working alongside Investment Research and Strategy groups (e.g. in leading Investment Bank or Asset Manager).
- Significant experience interacting with senior stakeholders such as clients, investment teams and industry executives.