About the company
Our client is a major independent oil and gas company in the Middle East. Established for close to 50 years.
Today the group is involved in projects across multiple sectors, extending to activity in non-O&G areas such as Ports & Logistics, Aviation, Manufacturing, Real Estate, Retail and Private Equity.
Involvement in finance raising activities for upstream oil and gas projects and corporate/asset acquisitions. Involvement in analysing and assessing company-related investments. Research, analysis and financial modelling. Assisting in the preparation of detailed presentations, documents and reports for senior management.
Finance, fundraising and investment activities
- Close engagement in all finance raising activities
- Candidates will have undergone investment bank analyst training programme or equivalent and have a solid grounding in accounting, corporate finance, valuation and knowledge of securities and financial markets which they will be able to apply to day to day activities.
- Liaising closely with other parts of the Company (e.g. Legal, E&P) in such matters
- Liaises with external parties (such as banks and lawyers) on relevant matters representing the firm in a professional capacity.
Research, analysis/recommendation and report writing
- Conduct high quality research into markets and companies.
- Prepare reports, research papers, strategic analysis and presentations of a sufficiently high standard to assist in decision making by senior management and external parties.
- Provides recommendations in relation to the identification of new business opportunities consistent with the growth plans of the company.
- Able to build and maintain complex financial models (in excel and other appropriate software packages) to assist on-going projects with minimal supervision
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting the company’s financial strategies and ensures compliance with regulations and the overall Group Financial policy.
- Maintains excellent and supportive relationships with all staff and attends Company events.
- Builds and maintains excellent relationships with a range of external advisory firms and promotes oneself professionally in the UAE.
Industry networking & Continuous Improvement
- Conducts regular research and studies to enhance industry knowledge by attending work related conferences particularly within the Energy Sector as well as attending relevant seminars on Finance, Legal, Industry and work-related subjects.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience in Investment Banking, Consulting or Private Equity, with at least few years of working experience in the oil and gas sector.
- Bachelor’s degree with honours (2:1 minimum) in a quantitative subject such as Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics or Physics from a top tier university.
- Professional training in accounting, valuation and modelling (as part of investment bank training scheme or equivalent).
- Desirable: CFA, Master’s or MBA from top tier university.